Overall responsibility for environmental, occupational health, safety and security of all employees and to ensure that the business of the organization is conducted in accordance to the policies defined. Define, initiate, and promotes programs, policies and procedures that shall prevent occurrence of incidents and for continuous improvement.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor / College Degree preferably in Engineering
- At least four (4) years of working experience as Assistant Manager specializing in Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) or its equivalent
- Preferably with Safety practitioner accreditation
- Should be a Pollution and Control Officer
- Appropriate knowledge of shipping, shipboard operations, and ISM is preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills including effective negotiation and conflict resolution, ability to provide leadership, elicit teamwork and displays proactive approach
- General knowledge and experience in the implementation of HSSE policies and able to provide detailed audit reports with relevant preventive and corrective actions
- Computer literate (basic windows, word, excel and powerpoint)
- Must be flexible, patient and willing to work beyond duty hours and during holidays when necessary
MAIN FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensures that health, safety, security and environmental working conditions are followed at all times.
Create and implements policies, procedures and systems to provide a safe and secure business operation.
Enforces safe working practices and ensures lost time incidents are kept to a minimum.
Drive and maintains the company's safety and security reputation.
· Takes active role in the maintenance of Occupational Health and Safety by conducting awareness and information drive thru internal trainings, thru regular Health, Safety and Environment Committee Meetings, and givedirectives for the improvement of working environment affecting the health and well-being of the employees, stakeholders and clients.
Performs regular audits and monitor HSSE performance to identify areas for improvement, and ensure that appropriate corrective or preventive actions are taken, including follow-up reviews.
Coordinates preparation of statistics pertaining to company HSSE activity for use by company personnel and agencies outside the organization.
Spearheads all accident / incident investigation, reporting, and closure.
Ensures that all safety and environmental issues are managed, fulfilling the requirements of all the regulations applicable.
Ensures that emergencies are handled fulfilling the requirements of the regulations applicable.
Spearheads the Emergency Response Team of the company, and ensures that all members are properly equipped with the necessary training and certifications.
In liaison with company personnel, ensures that Emergency Response Plans are in place, and regularly checked and tested to confirm validity and that the Emergency Response Teams are operational at all times.