GOTHONG SOUTHERN SHIPPING LINES, INC.
- “Data Privacy Act” or “DPA” refers to Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its implementing rules and
- “Data Subject” refers to an individual whose Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, or Privileged Information is
- “Company” refers to Gothong Southern Shipping Lines, Inc.
- “Personal Data” collectively refers to Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and Privileged
- “Personal Information” refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an
- “Processing” refers to any operation or set of operations performed upon Personal Data including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of data. Processing may be performed through automated means, or manual processing, if the Personal Data are contained or are intended to be contained in a filing
- “Privileged Information” refers to any and all forms of Personal Data, which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws constitute privileged communication.
- “Security Incident” is an event or occurrence that affects or tends to affect data protection, or may compromise the availability, integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data. It includes incidents that would result to a personal data breach, if not for safeguards that have been put in
- “Sensitive Personal” Information refers to Personal Data:
- About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
- About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such individual, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
- Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
- Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.